The Lofoten Islands is an outdoor enthusiasts dream destination. A place where the summer’s endless daylight provides the perfect platform for boundless exploration and the winter brings early sunsets and dark skies lit by the dancing colors of the aurora borealis.
In this complete outdoor lovers guide to the Lofoten Islands you will find out everything you need to know before you go and all the best things to do and see once you are there!
Table of Contents show 1 Where are the Lofoten Islands? 2 The Top Things to Do in Lofoten Islands, Norway 3 1. Hike to the Top of Reinebringen 4 2. Hike to Kvalvika Beach: A Secret Beach in the Lofoten Islands 5 3. Go Kayaking in Reinefjorden with Reine Adventures 6 4. Go Horseback Riding with Hov Gård 7 5. Road Trip Through the Lofoten Islands and Explore the Fishing Villages 8 6. Stay in a Rorbu or Fisherman’s Hut 9 7. Visit in the Summer to See the Drying Stockfish 10 How to Get to the Lofoten Islands 11 1. Getting to the Lofoten Islands by Plane 12 2. Getting to the Lofoten Islands by Ferry 13 3. Getting to the Lofoten Islands by Car 14 Lofoten Islands Weather & When to Visit 15 Where to Stay in the Lofoten Islands
LIKE THIS POST? pin it for LATER
WHAT CAMERA GEAR DO I USE?
» Click HERE for the Full Travel Photography Gear Guide to see what’s in my camera bag!
- Main Camera: Sony A7III
- Wide angle lens: Sony G Master 16-35mm f/2.8
- Zoom lens: Sony 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3
- Prime lens: Sony 85mm f/1.8
- Secondary Camera: Canon 6D Mark II
- Canon wide angle lens: Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L
- Canon lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
- Underwater camera: Leica X-U
- Camera with gimbal: DJI Osmo Pocket & Underwater Housing
- Drone: DJI Mavic Pro 2
- Camera Bag: Polar Pro Drone Trekker
- External Hard Drive: LaCie 2 TB rugged mini external hard drive