Located just a short drive from Siargao’s famous Cloud 9 surfing spot is another epic place on the island. The Maasin River palm tree swing has recently become one of the most popular adventure spots on the island due to its perfectly placed palm tree that juts out directly over the river.
The locals have set up a fun swinging rope where you can try your hand at being Tarzan for the day! And don’t worry, there are carved out foot holds to help you climb up and the locals will be there to assist you every step of the way!
Swinging from the coconut palm tree was one of the highlights during our visit to Siargao Island and below you will find everything you need to know to plan your own visit!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products or services that I personally use and have been essential for me as a travel blogger.
Table of Contents show 1 What to Do at the Maasin River 2 Entrance Fee and Other Costs 3 When is the Best Time to Visit the Maasin River 4 Where is the Maasin River Located? 5 How to Get to the Maasin River & Where to Park 6 PLACES TO VISIT NEAR THE MAASIN RIVER, SIARGAO 7 The Coconut Farm 8 The Coconut Tree Lined Road
Don’t have time to read about the maasin river now? SAVE TO PINTEREST TO READ LATER
WHAT CAMERA GEAR DO I USE?
» Click HERE for the Full Travel Photography Gear Guide to see what’s in my camera bag!
- Main Camera: Sony A7III
- Wide angle lens: Sony G Master 16-35mm f/2.8
- Zoom lens: Sony 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3
- Prime lens: Sony 85mm f/1.8
- Secondary Camera: Canon 6D Mark II
- Canon wide angle lens: Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L
- Canon lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
- Underwater camera: Leica X-U
- Camera with gimbal: DJI Osmo Pocket & Underwater Housing
- Drone: DJI Mavic Pro 2
- Camera Bag: Polar Pro Drone Trekker
- External Hard Drive: LaCie 2 TB rugged mini external hard drive